All of the pictures in this post where taken when I worked at a shelter. Please help support your local animal shelter or rescue group. The animals need all the help they can get. Even items like litter, blankets, paper towels and cleaning supplies are a big help!

You let me have litter after litter even though I only have 3 legs to hold up my weight. Bringing me to the shelter was the best thing you ever did for me. My new family loves me.

Living on the streets was not a choice for me. Thank goodness I am safe now.

We are scared now but just need love and patience.

All we want for Christmas is a family to love us and take care of us for life.

Understand my needs before you take me home

I want to trust you...please let me try.

You got a divorce, went your separate ways and left me behind.

I promise I will always be there for you

You thought I was the cutest puppy you'd ever seen, sitting there at the pet store. You just had to have me. I guess that changed.

Please teach me how to be a good dog so I can make you happy

We didn't ask to be here

I know I am beautiful and hard to resist but please understand I am more then just a pretty face.

I am active and goofy, what's not to love?

I may look tough on the outside but all I want to do is cuddle up on the couch with you

You lost your home and so did I

You said I barked too much but I don't know how to be any other way

You said you where moving...I would of gone anywhere with you.

I was the new hottest item of the month until you realized how much responsibility I was.

I just want to be loved, is that asking for a lot?

You tied me outside and never looked my way until one day I escaped. I found my way to the shelter and thankfully you never came looking for me. I now have a family where I am the center of their world.

I was faithfully by your side for 10 years. I thought you loved me.

I promise I will be the best companion I can be for the next 15 years.

You want me now because I'm cute and fluffy but will you still love me in 8 months when I chew your shoes for some attention?

You brought me into this world yet you don't want to take responsibility for me

I will always be there for you if you let me

I always tried to make you happy.

You say you don't have time for me. What changed since you brought me home?

You said you would walk me ever day, give me the exercise I needed. When you didn't and I acted out you gave up on me.

I thought I was your best friend

Don't fear me because of my breed, understand me for who I am.

You told the shelter you had to give me up because I'm destructive when you leave me alone all day. It was only because I was bored and missed you.

I was always such a good girl did all my tricks when you asked
Adopt me today and I will be forever grateful
Most animals are given up due to no fault of their own. Those who are given a 2nd chance are the lucky ones!
These are great pictures, Erica and I love the captions. Brilliant photography and work!
ReplyDeleteOMG... Erica. This brought back so many memories. :) My wild foster boy, Ralphie, goofy Jet and lovable Bentley. I remember taking the pictures of the puppies in the Christmas basket. What a wonderful walk down memory lane. I love the pictures and the captions. What a great tribute to shelter animals. Ginny
ReplyDelete